Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Tim Robbins' Funny & Disturbing Satirical film Bob Roberts & More Kerouac

Quotes of the day:

Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes.
Walt Whitman

Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul.
Walt Whitman

Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.
Henry David Thoreau

How does it become a man to behave towards the American government today? I answer, that he cannot without disgrace be associated with it.
Henry David Thoreau

It is not desirable to cultivate a respect for the law, so much as for the right.
Henry David Thoreau


Anyway here's a couple of songs sung by Tim Robbins in his film Bob Roberts which is as relevant today if not more so than when it was released in 1992 - so I created this clip to post on Youtube & here on my blog:



and from Youtube user; onlyjokingman music by Joe King to Kerouac reciting from an original tune by rama[ ie acko]:




take care,
GORD.

No comments: